DATE and TIME: October 17-18, 4-9 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday.
COST: $95, includes tuition, Friday supper, Saturday lunch. If you would like to stay overnight instead of travel back and forth, please make separate arrangements with Lily Hill Farm (269) 624-6022.
PLACE: Lily Hill Farm, 32260 – 88th Avenue, Lawton MI 49065, (269) 624-6022
TO REGISTER: Contact Carol by email or phone. Her email is: Iverson201@aol.com, and her phone is: (269) 491-8171.
There many ways and styles of practicing Yoga. You are invited to a weekend in which you will be introduced to ways of practicing Yoga that work for your body and your concerns, and that will work to maintain and enhance health, strength, flexibility and peace of mind. We will discuss and practice:
- Primary breathing techniques and how to use them to your advantage
- A variety of Yoga Asanas (positions) & their energetic, physiological, anatomical and emotional focus.
- Kundalini (a style of Yoga) sets for spinal and internal organ & gland health and balance.
- Principles of Yoga & ways of practicing. (Process, Edge, Holding)
- Guided relaxations that bring balance and harmony to your mind, body and spirit.
INSTRUCTOR: Carol Iverson – Carol has been teaching yoga for years in the Washington DC area and is also a certified massage therapist, a Diplomat in Asian Bodywork, a Polarity Practitioner, and a member of the Yoga Alliance. She also does Myofascial massage, Trigger Point Therapy, Shiatsu & Thai massage, and Craniosacral Therapy. She began her Yoga training at Kripalu Institute and has over 500 hrs. of training there. Carol has a B.A. in Social Ecology and an M.S. in Community Economic Development. Her website is: www.Risingsunhealingarts.com.