Penny's Morning Smoothie
Here is the basic list of ingredients for Penny’s morning smoothie:
5 Kinds of fruit, for example:
- ½ c. strawberries
- 1 banana, cut up
- ½ c. blueberries
- ½ c. fresh or frozen mixed fruit (mango, pineapple, blackberries, peaches, pears, whatever)
- 1 orange, peeled, or ½ of a lemon
- ½ of an apple
- ½ c. raspberries
- ½ c. mulberries
3 Kinds of vegetables, for example:
- 1 c. fresh spinach, kale, or other dark leafy greens
- ¼ c. fresh or frozen green beans, cucumber, tomato, celery, sweet potato, or beet
- ¼ c. fresh or frozen broccoli, peas, or cauliflower (Do not use frozen corn)
- 2- 4 fresh eggs (I use 3-4 if they’re small, 2-3 if they’re large)
- 2 TBSP. yogurt, plain or flavored
- 2 TBSP. flaxseed oil or hempseed oil
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cardamom or ground ginger
- Water – start with ½ cup, add as needed to get good consistency
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add water if it’s too thick and blend again. If you are using a lot of frozen fruit, you might need to invest in a heavy-duty blender like a VitaMix. Makes about 5-7 cups of smoothie with some awesome nutrition in it.
- The more dark the berries you can use in it, the better. They are loaded with polyphenols that keep the heart and cardiovascular system healthy and prevent plaque.
- The dark leafy greens and veggies are loaded with calcium, magnesium, B-vitamins, and other good stuff.
- The eggs are loaded with minerals, among them iron, sulfur, selenium, and phosphorus. They also have Vit. A, B-12, other B-vitamins, beta carotenes, and ALL of the essential amino acids!
- The yogurt has probiotics that are necessary for your digestive system and immune system.
- The flax- or hemp-seed oil brings Omega 3, 6, and 9, needed for joints and good cell-wall construction.
- The coconut oil is loaded with MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) that prevent dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other forms of brain fatigue.
- The turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- The cinnamon is anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-virus.
- And the cardamom or ginger bring good digestion and absorption, prevent heartburn and gas,soothe irritable bowel syndrome as well as liver and gall bladder troubles.
Take your morning vitamins with the smoothie – a good multi-mineral, multi-vitamin capsule. If I have to be somewhere, I put the smoothie in my travel mug and take it with me. Sometimes I drink half and put the rest in the fridge in a quart jar, covered, for later in the afternoon or even the next morning. But most often, I drink it all over the course of the morning and sometimes into early afternoon. I want the high-density nutrition in it!
DISCLAIMER: The information, procedures, suggestions and forecasts contained in all Penny Kelly documents, podcasts or videos are not meant to take the place of a diagnosis, physician, financial advisor or professional advice. They are for educational purposes only. All use of the information presented is at your own discretion. Neither Penny Kelly, Kelly Networks LLC or any of her associates will be held liable for any injury, damage, or loss (financial or otherwise) as a result of the information contained in all Penny Kelly documents, podcasts or videos.
All links to products and online stores mentioned in this document are suggestions only. Penny Kelly,
Kelly Networks LLC or any of her associates are not partners or connected to any of the products or
websites nor are they to be perceived as endorsements of said products and websites.
Penny's Morning Smoothie recipe can be found in Getting Well Naturally available in eBook on www.Pennykelly.com. Paperback version available on Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, and other online book sellers.